50hr Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
Yoga Nidra: Rest With Ease
The Yoga Barn in Ubud, Bali
Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom and success. If you know how to free yourself of tension you know how to solve your problems in life. The rishis (Sages in India) who first formulated the practice were not concerned with the complexities of modern life. They devised Yoga Nidra as a direct pathway for the attainment of self-realization.
Join master teacher Punnu Singh Wasu for the most comprehensive 50hr Yoga Nidra teacher training in Bali. Punnu teaches high-quality, experiential courses and shares his profound knowledge and rich experience of more than 35 years, which has wide application and maintains both psychological and spiritual depth.
This training is for anyone who is interested in getting a regular Yoga Nidra practice, going deeper in their personal practice and understanding as well as teaching Yoga Nidra to others. Furthermore, it is also for meditation teachers and yoga teachers seeking a way to integrate Yoga Nidra into their classes to enhance the overall depth and benefits of the meditation and yoga asanas for their students.
Yoga Nidra is a powerful tension relieving technique for body, mind & soul in which you can learn to relax consciously. It can be used as a stepping stone to greater awareness, efficiency and achievement in life. True relaxation is actually an experience beyond this for total relaxation you must remain aware, sometimes referred to as dynamic sleep, psychic sleep or inner awareness.
It is a threshold state between sleep and wakefulness, contact with the subconscious and unconscious dimensions occurs spontaneously. Yoga Nidra is a method that takes practitioners through the eightfold path leading to Samadhi (Bliss).
You will deepen your personal Yoga Nidra practice and receive ancient and powerful tools to apply to your personal life while gaining the confidence and skills to teach Yoga Nidra to others.
What You'll Learn
• Daily Yoga Nidra practice to restore body, mind, and spirit
• Lectures to bring about a deep understanding of the Yoga Nidra process
• Exploring the effective use of Sankalpa (intention)
• How to achieve better concentration through Yoga Nidra
• Use Yoga Nidra for self-healing
• How to change mental habits and achieve greatest potential
• Harness the power of Yoga Nidra to remove mental and emotional blockages
• Initiate life-changing processes from deep within, beyond the thinking mind
• Improve concentration and heightened states of awareness
• Experience a deep, relaxing state of being
• How to lead yourself towards the state of Yoga Nidra Voice & Pacing
• Learn how to teach Yoga Nidra
• Personalised Scripts
• Receive professional mentoring and assistance throughout the course
• Participants will have a lot of teaching practice time
Meet Your Trainer
Punnu Singh Wasu was born and raised in Hyderabad, India into a family that has a true love for kirtan and spirituality. From an early age he was interested in learning and practising meditations. He has studied with different masters in ashrams and meditation schools all over India, Indonesia and Philippines.
Punnu shares his vast knowledge and rich experience of more than 35 years in his meditation classes, workshops, 50hr Meditation Trainings, 100hr & 200hr Meditation Teacher Trainings, 100hr Advanced Meditation Trainings and 50hr Yoga Nidra Teacher Trainings at his workplace The Yoga Barn in Bali as well as around the world.
09:00 – 10:00am: Silence meditation & pranayama techniques
10:00 – 11:00am: Yoga & QiGong (meditation by soft body movement)
11:30 – 12:30pm: Yoga Nidra meditation
12:30 – 01:30pm: Lunch (silent eating meditation)
01:30 – 03:00pm: Philosophy, theory, history, practicum, various teachings, Q&A etc.)
03:00 – 06:00pm: Yoga Nidra (receiving & offering, learn how to teach), Q&A and more...
1 hour homework
• Optional teaching practice period if you join 50hr
• Assisting students while someone else is teaching
• Give and receive feedback
• Full live tuition — Immersive study and practice
• In-depth Yoga Nidra Teacher Training manual for 50hr participants; participants who join the weekend only have the option to purchase a manual.
• One-on-one discussion with Punnu or assistant teacher if requested
• Certificate upon completion of the 50hr training
• Closed messaging group – This space is for learning, sharing, asking questions and keeping in touch.
• Organic, vegetarian lunch
• Special rates on accommodation at The Yoga Barn – Booking inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
BONUS – Apprenticeship
Students who have successfully completed Punnu’s 50hr Yoga Nidra Teacher Training have the opportunity to apply for an apprenticeship. Apprentices have the chance to assist, hold space, dive deeper and learn through the experience in a future Yoga Nidra Teacher Training.
Price: TBD (50hr)
Price: TBD (weekend - 2 days)
Early Bird discount of 10% ends 30 days before the training commencement.
Friendship discount of USD 108 for you and your friends
Deposit of USD 500 reserves your space and is payable upon registration.
Final payment is due 10 days before the training commencement.
If your payment preference is PayPal a 5% fee is added by PayPal.
Refer to our refund policy regarding payment.
Please meditate daily at least 15 minutes before arriving at the training to get the most from the training.
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda, I Am That by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
What To Bring
Comfortable clothes, notebook, journal, pen, eye blinder, earplugs, reusable water bottle
50hr Graduation Requirement
No more than 1/2 day of absence during the training
Extension Of The Training
Participants who signed up for the weekend have the option to extend for the 50hr training.
All insurances (incl. health and travel) are the responsibility of the participants.
Teachers and assistants shall not be held liable for any damage, or loss of property or injury to persons.
Travel and Visa Information
We recommend you to check with the Indonesian Embassy in your country the latest requirements for entering Indonesia before making your travel bookings.
The Yoga Barn has a visa agent who can help you with the visa processing which takes about 7 - 10 working days. Please contact us if you need assistance.
Passport must be valid for six months beyond the exit date.
Water and juice fasting are not recommended during the training.
Questions & Registration
Send us an email to book a phone call if you are not sure about whether this is the right training for you.
Please contact us if you are interested in attending, have any questions or for payment.
Meeting Punnu Wasu is without a doubt the greatest most unexpected gift I have received. It started during his Shuksuma yoga class at The Yoga Barn. Exposure to different breathing techniques during his class opened up something within me – I experienced a much deeper meditative state and release than I had ever believed possible through yoga. At the completion of the class I felt somehow ‘different’ and instinctively began manifesting areas of personal growth that I wanted to focus on.
Marissa Miller, Australia, 2013